www.sexpositiveculture.org (Executive Director)
Area: Seattle, WA
- Colleges, specifically Human Sexuality classes, therapy students, and “Ask the Sexpert” panels
- Youth (ages 14-21), specifically on the LGBT spectrum and “at risk”
- Senior Care Providers for the LGBT community
- “The Good, The Bad and The Poly: An honest and open discussion about Polyamory, from someone who has done it for 30+ years”
Endings: Breaking up... how to do it and stay friends”
“Poly Families: Creating conscious families within your poly world”
“Getting Your Flirt On: How to Flirt for fun, for the moment and for relationships”
“Beyond Polyamory: Jealousy and Compersion”
Poly: Can you be single and poly or does that just mean
you're a slut?”
“Interactive and Decorative Play Piercing Workshop: A hands on piercing class where everyone gives and receives”
“Bottoms Rights and Responsibilities”
“Basic Negotiations and Etiquette for the Sex Positive Community”
“A New Sexual Renaissance: Creating Sex Positive Culture and bringing sex back into the BDSM Picture.”
“BDSM, Laughter and Making a Scene: Humor in BDSM play”
Can also tailor to specific requests (i.e. spoke as part of a panel on the topic of Hook Up Culture at a college).
Allena Gabosch, Executive Director of the Center For Sex Positive Culture (www.sexpositiveculture.org) (formerly known as The Wet Spot ) has been active in the sex positive movement practically from its beginning; producing educational and social events for the sex-positive community since 1990. She is a frequent speaker on many sex-positive subjects at colleges and conferences around the US and Canada, with an emphasis on BDSM and Polyamory. She is the Producer of the Seattle Erotic Art Festival (www.seattleerotic.org) She is a past board member of the National Coalition for Sexual Freedom (www.ncsfreedom.org). In her less than mundane non-kinky life she loves good food, walking around Seattle and is working on several books. She is a former commissioner with the Seattle Commission for Sexual Minorities. She is a kinky bisexual, polyamorous switch and considers herself extremely blessed as she has a rich and full poly life, with many amazing and loving people in her "polycule".
- Part of a panel at the Western Washington Psychotherapists Convention called “Everything You Wanted To Know About Kink and Are Afraid to Ask”
- Yaught at numerous BDSM conferences in the US and Canada, primarily Leather Leadership & Southplains Leatherfest.
- Yaught at several polyamory conferences and the NW Bisexual Conference when it was held in Canada a few years ago.
- Teach at the Center for Sex Positive Culture (where I’m employed) regularly and for Babeland and Wild At Heart (2 local sex toy stores)
- Taught classes for Lambert House, our local LGBT youth drop-in and for The Service Board which is an organization that assists at-risk-youth in bettering their lives. The demographics for these groups are 14-21.
- Spoken about sexuality to Senior Care Providers for the LGBT community